Tuesday 30 April 2013

Underwater Creature

Here is the mood broad with some of the Underwater Creature and fish from the sea these are from the abyss of the oceans of the Earth using their weird and wonderful features. I hope to make my own creature. These animals have never seen natural sunlight, so it makes for a unique, almost otherworldly creatures.
From above i will look at making the creature look as if we could very find it in the deepeset part of the abyss.

this fish. I found on Google is also from the abyss. Unlike the shape and how there's almost a flipper or a tail at the front for a nose or maybe even a shovel to get food out of the seabed.

above is a design of fish with a lobster claw not that much bigger than human as shown above
above is a creature that I designed using the shark with a long nose from my new board above making this a big creature bigger than human as shown above
The image above is the one I think I'll made into a 3-D model as I believe it is most doable to be made in 3-D, and is the most simple and it does look the best out of three.

Above are three designs that I did using the mood board for refrecnse i did a side and frount view so i can put these into maya and make a 3D model which i will then put into mud box and add a bump map to it.


Here is me looking at the areas of fish with more detail to see what would be good to add to the creature. 

This stage I'm simply making the shape follow the drawing. I did


Above, I'm adding slightly more detailed fins and starting to make the horns
above is a three-point view of the same image above



here is the model with all the detail from the image
Above are the stages of the creature in maya how I started out with a simple box and ended up with the last image above I will know move this into mubbox to smooth out and make a normal map for it.


As you can see above I have put the model into mudbox and added sub-devisions and then started to add some detail.
I have know Exported the model back to maya and added the normal map and coloured in the texture i will know retexture the creature to make it seem more real.
Here I am playing around with textures and also I added some teeth which makes it looks alot better it still has a lot of workAs the textures are stretching around me. I am the normal map is not coming out as well as it should. And shadows are not reflecting around the teeth

 Above I played around the textures more, and as you can see this, a lot better. I'm still having trouble trying to get a decent enough shadow for the teeth and have to play around with spectacular to make a creature seem less shiny

No comments:

Post a Comment