Tuesday 22 January 2013

Alien Land


Above is the mood board using star wars, avatar and outlander to make an interesting mood board.


above is three tree / plants that I drawn with a man to show how tall they are and what there colors are and a little bit of information on them.


Above is a sketch I did of the tree that I call the Mistress as it normally has mist around it that the tree itself makes to protect itself. as you can see in the top right-hand corner the tip of environment the Mistress would live in.


above is a picture of an alien animal the one in the top right hand corner i thought would live around the Mistress due to it being green.

This what bi have done so far in mudbox below.


 I have textured the trunk with a texture I made in Photoshop as shown below.

















Below are two images of the textured Mistress one a close up.


This is the textured Mistress with a bump map.


The Mistress produces methane gas which destroys the surrounding ground and make methane gas pockets that makes bubbles on the ground.


This is what the Mistress looks like when it is surround by methane gas.

Below is a turntable of the Mistress in mud box.


As you can see from above the first alien tree did not go so well so as I did not have mush work with Mudbox so I remade it as a basic low poly model in Maya as you can see below.


To get the detail I wanted I made a simple model in Maya that as you can see was very boxy I then used the smooth


This is the model in mud box I made my own texture that was made with resaech from looking at a methane environment and used the colors to make the texture and then I put a bump map on with the texture as you can see this looks cool.


Here are two of the Mistrees I did. one done with basic shapes (low Poly) and a smooth tree which is (High Poly)


Here is the Mistress finished  with a texture and a bump-map. this I believe has come out looking a lot better than I previously started with as it originally did look like a cucumber. As you can see now with the bump map and the natural curves of the tentacles of the missed tree. I believe this is probably one of my best models I've done and I'm quite proud of it

No comments:

Post a Comment