Friday 25 January 2013

Sci-fi Cannon


Above Is the mood board with a mix of cannons and heavy artillery and rail guns these are new guns that use electricity to fire a project-tail.  



Above is some silhouettes of cannon that I made to give me an idea of that shape I what it to look like.


These are the three I decided to look at making into 3D models i was thinking off having number 6 as the main gun and using number 8 for the base of the gun.



I have put together the guns number 6 and 8 to make the gun above this i will make in Maya and then texture in Photoshop.



Here I added more detail this was quick as the detail would be a model.



Part 1


Part 2


Part 3



I decided to redesign the bace as it did not look the same as the main gun itself and I also added more detail to the model from the updated image I did, this makes the model more detailed and heavy and I belive it makes it feel more like a gun.



Gun finished how to texture it.



I have given it a simple texture with some colour there is a ambient light in the render but it is not making the shadows I am looking for.



Got the light working better but on top of the bace its not showing a shadow also I am trying to add a skylight like in the PlanetSide 2 video.


Done it I am going to look at making the texture reflect less.



Here I played around with the lighting and added a bump map to the bace to give it detail and I got the metal texture off the PlanetSide 2 video and using screen I added it over the gun as you can see.



This is the gun with more detail and texture and a man for scale.



More Detail



Lots more detail and added a nice background and sign from the M.O.D, with the blue texture I am going to try and see if I can make it darker to mach with the gray texture.

The Story Of The Cannon

In the near future, United Kingdom has separated due to a referendum by Scotland for independence and Northern Ireland has receded to the Republic of Ireland, and then the referendum, for England and Wales to stay in the European Union, voted to secede from the union from this rest of the European Union imposed sanctions against England and Wales as punishment. England's response to fortify the southern coast and making the English channel , unable for other ships to pass, apart from those of England and Wales. This has caused a Cold War between England, Wales and the European union, the Dover shore batteries are some of most high-tech cannons in the world, these Rail guns use magnetic accelerators to accelerate projectile towards its target recently aircraft have begun a campaign of mining the English Channel as well. The country that founded the largest empire in history has now fallen to just being England and Wales for the first time in centuries.


Here's a more detailed and upgraded gun that I did. If I have time I will paint over as fitted with the gun above this gun. I played around with shading more, and added a lot more detail, which is an improvement on the gun died previously made above.


No comments:

Post a Comment